In this site you will find all the information you need to setup your Dygma Raise.
What’s inside your amazing travel case?
What else is inside your travel case?
Quickstart guide to your default layers
Layer #0 and layer #1 – Special keys explanation
*The language in Bazecor of this layout is UK-English.
- Right & Left GUI: Operating system keys.
- LED Effect Next: Allows you to cycle through all the LED effects.
- Lock to 1: Toggle key to change to from Layer #0 to Layer #1.
- Trans: Transparent keys copy the behaviour on the key in the same position in the previous layer.
- No key: This key is disabled. When you press it nothing will happen.
Download Bazecor – Dygma Raise Configuration Software
VERSION 0.2 NOW AVAILABLE – Read the full update here.
Table of Contents
Let’s get started.
Keycaps and switches.
Let’s get started.
How to connect the keyboard
- Connect the 2 short cables to the Neuron and to each side of the Raise
- Connect the 1 long cable to your computer and to the Neuron
How to use the palm pads
- Remove the film from underneath the palm pads
- Place the left palm pad onto the left palm rest and do the same for the right half
- To remove, gently lift up the corners and pull
How to split your Raise
- To split the keyboard, hold both halves firmly and pull each side away from the other.
How to attach your Raise
- To attach the keyboard, make sure you align the metal pins found at the joint of the keyboard.
- It’s easier done if you align the top pins first.
Keycaps and switches.
Be careful when removing the keycaps and the switches. Make sure you use the proper tools. But most of all, be extra careful when mounting the switches onto the keyboard.
How to remove the keycaps
- When removing the keycaps, simply secure the keycap with the keycap puller and pull gently.
- Use your other hand to hold down the keyboard.
How to remove the switches
- When removing the switches, use the switch puller. Unclip the top and bottom clips while pulling up gently.
- The low profile switches are more difficult to remove. When removing them, make sure you clip the sides.
- Be careful not to scratch the keyboard with the puller.
How to mount switches
- When mounting the switches, align the pins and insert them into the correct holes. The same applies to the low profile switches.
- Be careful not to bend the metal pins when mounting the switches.
- While fitting the switches, do it gently. If you feel a lot of resistance, don’t continue pushing. If you push too hard you could break an electronic component and void the warranty.
- The hole on the switch where the LED light shines through should be at the top.
How to mount o-rings
O-rings dampen the sound your keycaps make when it hits the upper housing of the switch. They also cushion the feeling of your keypress.
- Remove the keycaps from the keyboard.
- Insert the o-rings inside the keycap.
- Make sure the o-rings are pushed far back inside the keycap.
How to wash the palm pads
- Wash the palm pads manually with cold water.
- Do not put the palm pads in the washing machine.
- The palm pads can be cleaned only with normal hand soap.
- To dry, tap it with cloth.
What to do if you accidentally bend the metal pins
- If you accidentally bend the pins, the key won’t work.
- If this happens, use something like a pair of tweezers to straighten the pins.
BAZECOR – Dygma Raise Configurator Software
Bazecor is officially on 0.2 version but is still under development.
During the upcoming months, there will be frequent software and firmware updates. We will keep you informed through social media and email once they’ve been launched.
We are aware there may be some features that still do not work as intended, but we’re working hard to fix everything as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you find a bug, have a feature suggestion or have questions.
Operating Systems – Download
‘SCAN KEYBOARDS’ is designed for when you have two or more Raise keyboards connected. This lets you choose which one you want to configure.
If you have only one Raise connected to your computer, click ‘CONNECT’ to go to the Layout & Colormap Editor.
Software update – Currently disabled. Once we have an update, you will be notified.
Preferences – You can change the language, and change the interface to dark mode.
Advanced – Developer tools & Verbose logging
These are debugging aids. When a customer reports an issue with Bazecor, we can ask to turn verbose logging and open devtools and take a screenshot of what they see. This will tells us a bit more than their description of the problem.
Bazecor support page & Send feedback – Use this form to give feedback or ask questions about Bazecor.
Layout & Colormap Editor
This is where the magic happens. You can create 10 fancy layouts with different color and keymap configurations.
When you make any modification in the Layout & Colormap Editor, the top part of the screen will turn pink. This is to highlight that a change has been done in your layout but hasn’t been saved yet. To save a change, click the round button on the bottom right corner.
Changing the language in Bazecor won’t change your language in your operating system.
If your Windows language is English UK and your Bazecor Language is Spanish, when you press the Ñ’’ key you will write ‘;’.
That’s because the Bazecor language is only a visual aid to make the layout configuration process easier. It doesn’t modify the language options in your operating system.
Be aware that Bazecor only has the languages of the keycaps we offer. If the operating system language and the Bazecor language do not match, the keys that you configure and write won’t match.
There are 10 layers. Each key backlight and each LED of the underglow can be configured individually. You can import and export layer configurations, copy layer configurations to another, and delete layers.
Importing and exporting layers
WARNING about copying and deleting layers
Once you paste a new layer, the existing one will be deleted. This process cannot be undone. We recommend that you export your custom layers and paste them in a document before making changes.
Most functions on keyboards are self-explanatory. The ones below are the less common functions or are more Raise specific:
Navigation & Misc
- XXX: The key won’t have any function. It becomes a blank key.
- TRANSP.: A transparent key will function as the key in the same location in the previous active layer.
TRANS TIP: Imagine you have layer 0 and 1. On layer 0 you have A, and on the same position on layer 1 you have TRANS. On layer 1, pressing that key, will result in A.
- CYCLE and SYSTEM: Don’t work – Will be removed from the menu in the next Bazecor version
- APP: This is the Menu key. It is usually located between the Windows and control keys on the right side
- Right and left CONTROL work the same way.
- Right and left SHIFT work the same way.
- LEFT ALT works as ALT. RIGHT ALT is ALT GR for the languages that have ALT GR.
- NEXT and PREV cycle through the LED effects.
IMPORTANT: The LED effects contain a few colors and effects such as rainbow and breathing. When rotating through the LED effects, have in mind that the chosen LED effect will apply to all layers. Until you don’t finish cycling through all the effects you won’t be able to edit your custom LED layer.
Shift to layer & Lock Layer
Shift to Layer and Lock Layer are the keys used to change from one layer to another one.
- SHIFT TO LAYER keys work by pressing and holding the key. While holding it, you’ll be able to use any key on the layer you shifted to. When you release it, you’ll go back to the initial layer.
- LOCK LAYER works by pressing and releasing the key. Until you don’t press it the second time, you won’t return to the initial layer.
IMPORTANT: For the LOCK TO LAYER key to work properly, you need to configure TRANS in the same location on the layer you are changing to.
The following sections are under development and their functionalities have not been implemented yet: One Shot Layers, One Shot Modifiers, Leader, Space Cadet, Mouse Configuration Options and Steno.
The key modification options “Layer shift when held, normal key otherwise” and “Modifier when held, normal key otherwise” are currently under development too and don’t work properly.
The UNDERGLOW and BACKLIGHT buttons will allow you to quickly change the colors of your Raise.
If you want to report an issue or have any questions, please contact us send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My number pad keys don’t work properly
- If you have a keyboard connected that has a number pad (laptop keyboard counts too), you will need to press the “numlock” key on the non-Raise keyboard. Once you press it, all number pad keys will be activated for all keyboards connected to your computer
- If you don’t have another keyboard plugged in, your number pad keys should function.
I’ve deleted my layout by accident. How can I recover it?
The letters and symbols I’ve configured aren’t the same I see when typing
- First, check if you can match the Bazecor language (bottom left tab) with your operating system language. If it matches, this should solve the problem.
- If your operating system language and Bazecor language don’t match, the characters that you configure in Bazecor won’t be the ones you see on your screen when you type. The reason is that each character is assigned to a code that is assigned to a location on the keyboard. This is based on the US-English language, but your operating system has created a new distribution that Bazecor can’t see.
The lights on my keyboard are stuck in one color and I can’t change them.
Press the ‘LEDEFF NEXT’ button to cycle through the LED color options. It’s possible you selected the next set of default LED colors and are no longer on the default custom LED colors set.It can also happen that after pressing ‘LEDEFF NEXT’ you pressed ‘LOCK TO 1’ and changed to Layer 1. You need to go back to Layer 0 to be able to cycle through the LED colors again.
- In this short video, we explain how to go back to Layer 0 and cycle through the different LED colors.
I feel a bit of soreness in my thumbs from using the Raise. Is this normal?
- If you have multiple high-frequency keys, you might feel slight pain or soreness in your thumbs. This is because you’ve never used your two thumbs the way you’ve used the rest of the fingers when typing. The soreness should disappear after 1-2 weeks.
- Our advice is to not set up multiple high-frequency keys in the same thumb cluster when starting. For example, don’t place backspace and space next to each other when getting used to the thumb keys.
- If you have more concerns, contact us so we can advise you on your layout.
I can’t open Bazecor in my Mac because the developer can’t be verified.
While waiting for Bazecor to be verified, you can open it following these steps:
- In the Finder on your Mac, locate the app you want to open.
Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
- Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.
2 year warranty and repair service
If you have purchased a Raise from Dygma.com or an authorized distributor, your keyboard is covered by a two-year warranty for parts replacement and labor repairs from date of purchase.
Opening your keyboard does not void your warranty
The act of unscrewing the parts of your Raise, does not void your warranty. Be careful when doing this, as there are sensitive electronics inside. If you tamper with the electronics and damage them, this will void your warranty.
Replacing or updating your keyboard’s firmware does not void your warranty
The Raise’s firmware is open source. You are free to modify it and, if you wish, share your changes. If you have any problems updating or modifying the firmware, please drop us a message and we can walk you through recovery procedures.
It is possible that customizing the firmware might destroy your keyboard. If your custom firmware is incorrect and it destroys your keyboard, that voids your warranty.
What does void your warranty?
Any damage that is caused by misuse, abuse or accident, including liquid contact, fire or environmental causes.
Contact us about repairs
If your keyboard stops working, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll help you figure out the best way to get you back up to speed.
Get your Dygma Raise Now!
Pre-order now with a 10% discount and FREE shipping worldwide.